Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Soon to be an Angeleno

Yep, FINALLY. I've been working, saving, writing, networking, blogging and partying but now, finances have finally fallen right to allow me to quit my job and move - NO unemployment in such a case.

Still, the stars - no pun intended perhaps - have aligned and I won't be spending 1000s of dollars to attend pitch fests and push for meetings. I plan on getting another software job but these means a lot.
The short I have in pre should be done by then and hopefully it's as good as the director and I think. Festivals here I come. Plus, I can think more about shorts and find more people who are hungry to see themselves in quality celluloid.

As an aside we're working on several new posts, including follow-ups to the Sex in Cinema and Active vs. Reactive posts. Pus, a bunch of framing, blocking and movement stuff. Unfortunately, the day job requires most of my "working-day hours" so it works how it works.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

The "Dangerous" Writer said...

Christian,
I just found your blog from your comment on "Go Into the Story". You have an awesome one & I look forward to reading more.

I am an aspiring screenwriter & your "Soon to be an Angeleno" post caught my eye. I recently moved from L.A. & know the place pretty well. Sounds like you've probably got some good contacts out there, but never the less it can be a kind of intimidating place. It took me a looong time to find my footing there.

Just wanted to let you know if you need any advice on the local landscape, don't be shy, just hit me up.

Best of luck & happy New Year,
Alain Dominic
www.monkeyversuskeyboard.blogspot.com

Christian H. said...

Sounds good. I'll look you up.